Summer Planning Intern - Horseshoe Bay
Seeking a Planning student to help the Development Services Department in a rapidly growing Resort/Second Home/Retirement Community in the Texas Hill Country northwest of Austin, between Marble Falls and San Antonio.
Work activities include assisting the Director and Assistant Planner in day to day and long range planning activities. Familiarity with GIS a plus. Hours are 8 AM-5 PM Monday through Friday.
Current work projects include:
- A draft Future Land Use Map for consideration by the Planning and Zoning Commission before presenting to stakeholders and the community;
- Updating the City's Zoning Map;
- Preparing a Conditional Use Permit Ordinance;
- Reviewing plans and monitoring construction of Horseshoe Bay Resort's $60 Million redevelopment program of 20+ projects;
- Reviewing plans and monitoring construction of 300 unit seniors only townhouse and villa project - Tuscan Village;
- Developing reports for the Planning and Zoning Commission, Board of Adjustment and City Council; and
- Organization and administrative tasks including, scanning, filing, and record keeping.
- Starts On: May 3, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
- Contact Method:
Eric Winter, Director of Development Services
#1 Community Dr.
P.O. Box 7765
Horseshoe Bay, TX 78657