Senior Planner | Urban Designer - Austin
The Austin Planning and Zoning Department is seeking a Senior Planner with expertise in urban design to assist staff and to work with communities to envision the future urban form of neighborhoods, districts, and redeveloping areas in ways that reinforce people-oriented placemaking and create a high-quality public realm. The Senior Planner/urban designer willl contribute expertise to help craft plans, policies and projects that implemetn and realize placemaking visions and goals.
- URL: http://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/64248
- Level: Senior Planner
- Starts On: April 2, 2018, 9 a.m.
Five (5) years of planning related work. Twelve (12) semester hours of relevant graduate college coursework may substitute for six (6) months of required experience with a maximum substitution of two (2) years.
- Project management experience with urban design plans, projects, and/or studies
- Demonstrated experience in leading meetings effectively and inclusively
- Experience in speaking publicly and making effective presentations
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skill with hand-drawn urban design illustrations, plans, and renderings
- Computer Skills:
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skill with 2D and 3D graphic software to produce urban design visual simulations, diagrams, conceptual designs, and rendered perspectives
- Strong portfolio demonstrating skill with GIS analysis, mapping, and GIS applications for urban design and planning
- Demonstrated skill in document layout design and software
- Education Required:
Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Planning, Geography, Social Science, Landscape Architecture, or a planning related field, plus five (5) years planning related work.
Professional degree leading to licensure in architecture or landscape architecture, or a master's degree in architecture, landscape architecture, urban design, urban planning, or planning related field.
- Contact Method:
For more detailed information on this career opportunity, and to apply online, visit the City of Austin's eCareer on-line job application system:
http://austincityjobs.org/ referencing Job Requisition COA077544