Senior Data Analyst
Job Title: Senior Data Analyst
Job ID: TR14038
Job Grade: 7
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
H-GAC is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join the Transportation Department. The incumbent will work as a member of a team of planners and analysts that perform day-to-day updates and maintenance of the regional model. They will receive supervision from the principle for model development and report to the program manager.
The incumbent will provide assistance and technical support related to the development of the generation state-of-the-art regional travel demand model. In addition, the individual will be responsible for assisting with model application projects and delivering results and any needed analysis of results to both internal and external clients. Responsibilities also include responding to numerous time-sensitive requests for travel demand analysis data. Does this role sound interesting to you? If so, apply now!
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Regional Planning or related field
- Five (5) years’ experience in urban or regional planning, monitoring and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of transportation and land use planning, policies, regulations and best management practices.
- Ability to plan and effectively manage complex, long-term projects
- Practical experience using travel demand software, including Cube Voyager or TransCad
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Pro.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Eight (8) years’ experience in urban and regional planning, monitoring and reporting
- Experience with GIS and/or graphics software including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and SketchUp
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database software.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
- Starts On: Jan. 19, 2018, 1:04 p.m.