Plans Examiner (Design and Zoning) - Fort Worth
The Planning and Development Department seeks to make Fort Worth the most livable city in Texas by promoting orderly growth and development, safe construction, and neighborhood vitality. Zoning plans examiners help complete this mission by performing a variety of technical duties in reviewing, approving and processing building plans for zoning approval.
A zoning plans examiner in the Preservation and Design section will review a diverse mix of commercial and residential projects for conformance with zoning and design regulations in our form based, design overlay and historic districts. In general, these districts are located in urban areas where mixed use walkable areas are developing and desired. Reviews can range from signage to high-rise buildings. In our form based districts and downtown, reviews also include public right of way requirements. In addition to reviewing plans in design districts, the position will also provide assistance to zoning plan reviewers in our Zoning section.
The Department is seeking a Plans Examiner - Design and Zoning for the Preservation and Design section. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in:
- Interpreting regulations, laws and ordinances for purposes of plans examination
- Reviewing large complex and high profile projects for zoning compliance
- Resolving issues with developers and customers and working in a team setting
- Customer service and desire to explore innovative solutions
- Communicating with the owner or contact person regarding necessary corrections
- Reviewing plans in permitting software
- Spanish speaking skills is a plus
- Associate’s Degree
- Four (4) years of city building inspection, plans examination, construction field, zoning review or related field
- Starts On: April 26, 2018, 12:02 p.m.
- Salary: $46,762.49 to $58,453.12