Planning Technician - Pasadena
- Support urban planning team members in all facets of planning projects, including land use planning, site development, subdivision, ordinance updates, variances, and other municipal planning administration;
- Provide technical assistance and information to the general public in the administration of planning projects and regulations;
- Perform office tasks, including data entry, file management, copying, and a variety of customer services including answering and directing telephone calls to appropriate staff and departments, answering routine questions;
- Create GIS maps. Retrieve information from databases or geographic information systems;
- Conduct plan review and site inspections to determine completeness, compliance with applicable regulations, and appropriateness of design; and similar tasks.
- Read and interpret architectural plans, site plans, mapping and survey data, and legal descriptions;
- Research property records, planning files and maps; communicate clearly, both orally and in writing;
- Read and interpret municipal code, guidelines and applicable laws and regulations;
- Support the collection of data and prepare maps and reports on topics such as census information, land use, and tax assessment data;
- Supports community engagement and outreach;
- Assist with projects as assigned.
- URL: https://pasadenatx.applicantpro.com/jobs/727675.html
- Position Reports To: Director of Planning
- Salary: $32,141.50 to $48,212.25
Two years professional experience in urban planning, engineering, construction, architecture, landscape architecture, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or related field
Two years of education beyond high school in business management, urban planning, engineering, construction, architecture, landscape architecture, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), geography, or related field.
• Analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision making skills
• Ability to interpret data and write analytical reports
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Preference for detailed work
• Ability to work in team environment with people at all levels
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
• Self-directed and self-motivated
Preferred: Bilingual (Spanish)
- Computer Skills:
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Basic skills in GIS and/or CAD
- Education Required:
Associates Degree in business management, urban planning, engineering, construction, architecture, landscape architecture, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), geography, or related field.
City of Pasadena
1149 Ellsworth Dr.
Pasadena TX 77506
United States of America
- Contact Method:
For additional information please go to the City of Pasadena current job listings :