Planning Intern - Keller
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Fri. March 30, 2018
Assist Community Development staff by providing assistance and support for the Planning Division; as well as perform research for various initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist Community Development staff with departmental support as needed, including: answering phones, assisting “walk-ins”, responding to correspondence and emails, etc.
- Assist with packet preparation for Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council.
- Scan site plans, plats and zoning cases into the City’s electronic document management system.
- Assist with data entry, making copies, and filing.
- Perform research for special studies, policies, and potential ordinance amendments.
- Maintain and enhance websites.
- Assist in review of various development projects and landscaping plans for commercial and residential developments.
- Work closely with Planners and Director of Economic Development & Public Services on planning and development projects.
- Participate in project review meetings and development meetings.
- Provide information on Planning initiatives, programs, and other information requests to City employees, private companies, and other governmental agencies, as required.
- Daily attendance required.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform all other related duties as assigned, including any special or recurring projects that may be assigned.
May assist other divisions or departments with unusual workloads and/or to provide temporary staff coverage.
- URL: www.cityofkeller.com/jobs
- Position Reports To: Community Development Director
- Starts On: March 23, 2018, 6 p.m.
Requires good oral and written communication skills; knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling, and the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
Ability to serve the public and other City departments in a diplomatic and professional manner.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Computer Skills:
Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Education Required:
Currently in a Bachelor's, Master’s, or doctoral degree program in Planning, Urban Development, or related field
City of Keller
PO Box 770
Keller TX 76244
United States of America
Phone: (817) 743-4040