Planner II - Wichita Falls
CITY OF WICHITA FALLS
Wichita Falls, TX
*Interested candidates should apply online at: http://cwftx.simplehire.com/postings/10198. Applications will be accepted until May 13, 2018.*
The purpose of this position is to provide a wide range of short term and long term range planning services to promote the orderly development, redevelopment and use of land within the community. This is accomplished by review and processing of preliminary and final plats, review of site plans for Zoning and Subdivision Ordinance compliance, preparation of agenda items/cases and presentations to the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Zoning Board of Adjustment, the Airport Zoning Board, the Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment, the Tax Increment Financing Boards, and the Landmark Commission; citizen and /or developer consultation regarding development, zoning and related land use regulations and procedures; process street name changes; easement, alley, and street closure requests; research required for various ordinance amendments and preparation of ordinances for adoption by the City Council. Other duties include: street addressing, floodplain management, updating various Planning data bases/demographic reports (e.g. Apartment Vacancy and Growth Trends Reports), assign tasks to the Mapping System Coordinator, and provide review and Planner signature for: alcoholic beverage permits, transient show permits, off-premise sign permits, tattoo parlor State permits, building permits, and outside water sales permits.
Work requires professional level of knowledge of a discipline equivalent to that which is acquired in a Masters degree-level of study, P.E., Law Degree, CPA. Minimum three years up to and including five years work experience desired.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Review and processing of preliminary and final plats.
- Review and process of site plans.
- Prepare agendas; assist with report development, and present cases to the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Zoning Board of Adjustment, the Airport Zoning Board, the Airport Zoning Board of Adjustment, the Tax Increment Financing Boards and the Landmark Commission.
- Citizen and/or developer consultation regarding development, zoning and related land use regulations and procedures, administration of Floodplain Ordinance and certification. Assists with short and long range planning studies, preparation of meeting minutes for various Boards and Commissions.
- Process, street name changes, easement, alley, and street closure requests.
- Review and sign various permits: alcoholic beverages, transient shows, off-premise signs, tattoo parlors, outside water sales, commercial curb cuts, and commercial building permit.
- URL: http://cwftx.simplehire.com/postings/10198
- Level: Mid II (4-8 Years)
Over three years up to and including five years
Work requires advanced skills and knowledge in approaches and systems, which affect the design and implementation of major programs and/or processes organization-wide. Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively.
- Education Required:
Work requires specialized knowledge in a professional or technical field. Work requires professional level of knowledge of a discipline equivalent to that which is acquired in a Masters degree-level of study.
City of Wichita Falls
Wichita Falls TX 76301
United States of America