Planner I - Keller
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Fri. March 30, 2018
Under general supervision of the Community Development Director, the Planner I performs professional planning functions such as processing and reviewing all development applications, implementing development ordinances, and communicating development regulations to developers, citizens and officials. The incumbent assists in coordinating assigned activities and projects with other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
- Assist with planning and development review responsibilities, such as the implementation of development ordinances and master plans, through the preparation of review of zoning change, plat, and site plan applications.
- Perform research for new ordinances or revisions to current ordinances.
- Provide information, answer questions, and communicate development policies and procedures to citizens, the development community and officials.
- Attend and present to City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, and community meetings and work sessions as required.
- Attend, present, and discuss development applications at staff Development Review Committee meetings.
- Prepare and review agendas and public notices for Planning and Zoning Commission meetings and Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Provide general case management for development applications for development applications.
- Prepare staff reports and exhibits for development applications and present applications to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Prepare, review, and update application forms, pamphlets, miscellaneous forms and maps.
- Provide assistance to upper level department staff; prepare and coordinate assigned special projects as requested by department head or City Manager.
- Work extensive hours as needed, including some evenings and weekends.
Attend regular night meetings.
- URL: www.cityofkeller.com/jobs
- Position Reports To: Community Development Director
- Starts On: March 23, 2018, 6 p.m.
Working knowledge of the principles, concepts, and theories of municipal administration, planning, zoning, annexation, and subdivision laws, land use, and land development is preferred.
Working knowledge of geographic information systems and graphics software.
Excellent communication and analytical skills, including the ability to interact positively and professionally with internal and external customers. Ability to use correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Effective written communication skills.
- Computer Skills:
Proficient knowledge of various computer programs, including word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet software
- Education Required:
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning, Building Science, Geography, or a related field
City of Keller
PO Box 770
Keller TX 76244
United States of America
Phone: (817) 743-4040