Manager Transportation (Multimodal Planning) - Houston
Job Title: Manager Transportation - Multimodal Planning
Job Grade: 9
Job ID: TR14024
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
H-GAC is seeking a Transportation Program Manager to lead the Multimodal Planning team within our Transportation department. Through cooperation with local governments, H-GAC’s Transportation Department improves the quality of life for residents across the region. Improving mobility and creating multimodal transportation options are core elements in H-GAC’s Transportation programs. The Manager will concentrate on multimodal planning initiatives for projects related to transportation safety, thoroughfare, freight, transit, and bicycle-pedestrian plans. This role offers the motivated individual the opportunity to exhibit strong leadership skills through development and management of departmental goals, action plans, and budgets. You will provide leadership of staff to include development of action plans, performance appraisals, recruitment of staff and professional development. The most qualified candidate would be someone with strong project management skills who is great at execution, values deadlines, and creates a culture of accountability.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Urban or Regional Planning, Public Administration, Civil Engineering or a related field
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Five (5) years’ experience in transportation planning, management or engineering
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal transportation planning regulations and guidance required
- Knowledge of public agency administration to include budget development, contract management and administration
- Two (2) years, employee management or work assignment and delegation experience
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Urban or Regional Planning, Public Administration, Civil Engineering or a related field
- Eight (8) years’ experience in transportation planning, management or engineering at the MPO, State or Federal level
- Experience in process and procedure design and implementation within a public agency
- Demonstrated experience navigating federal and state environmental, transportation planning, and related regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases and word processing software.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
- Starts On: May 9, 2018, 10:20 p.m.