Manager Contracts/Grants (Transportation) - Houston
Job Title: Manager Contracts/Grants - Transportation
Job Grade: 9
Job ID: TR14065
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
We’re seeking a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as Manager to oversee multidisciplinary teams responsible for contract, grant development and administration, budgeting, procurement, invoicing, and reporting for transportation programs. The candidate must demonstrate effective management skills and experience with presenting to committees and coordination of activities with multiple partner and oversight agencies. This role requires an individual who can generate consensus among parties with competing interests and implement recommendations with transparency. The ideal candidate will also have experience navigating complex regulatory and reporting requirements, preparing and monitoring achievement of performance targets, managing development of contracts, successfully managing various funding sources (federal, state, discretionary grants, public-private partnerships, etc.). Do you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role?
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor's degree required with emphasis in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- A minimum of Five (5) years’ work experience with a public or private planning agency or other organization, with job responsibilities including the contract and grant administration
- Strong knowledge of State and Federal transportation grant management and administration required
- Knowledge of public agency administration to include budget development, contract management and administration
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel and lead teams
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Master’s Degree in in Public Administration, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Eight (8) years’ experience in contract, administration, and financing areas of transportation programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases and word processing software
- Professional certifications or licenses such as CPA, CBA, etc.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
- Starts On: May 9, 2018, 10:20 p.m.
Houston-Galveston Area Council