Lead Planner - Bulverde
The City of Bulverde is accepting applications for the position of Lead Planner. This position reports directly to the City Manager, and coordinates the City's planning, zoning, building code, and code enforcement administration.
Under the general direction of the City Manager, is responsible for performing complex planning and design, both short and long range planning, and including the development of recommendations on planning and zoning issues. Develop and implement routine and special projects that require research, data collection, report writing, and presentations. Assist citizens and developers with ordinances and regulations. Create maps, graphics and other items for the Planning and Zoning Commission, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, and City Council. Supervise the activities of the Planner I and Code Compliance Specialist. Oversee the City's third party building inspection provider.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
1. Provide recommendations by researching zoning and subdivision ordinances in reference to specific developer and citizens’ needs, and provide accurate information to the Planning and Zoning Commission.
2. Assist in the administration of the comprehensive plan, zoning ordinance, subdivision ordinance, parks master plan, and sign ordinance.
3. Prepare findings for and serve as staff liaison to the Zoning Board of Adjustment, Planning and Zoning Commission, City Council, and the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board.
4. Research regulations and policies and aid in their revisions when necessary.
5. Collect, analyze, and interpret data and summaries in report form.
6. Prepare written reports and make presentations.
7. Respond to information from management, officials, and the public.
8. Assist developers, engineers, and citizens with various development related laws including, but not limited to, annexation, subdivisions, zoning, and signs.
9. Administer and enforce the City's sign regulations.
10. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: This information is intended to be descriptive of the key KSA's of the position.
·Knowledge of procedures and practices in all phases of urban planning and urban design.
·Knowledge of zoning regulations and procedures.
·Knowledge of engineering, surveying and drafting concepts and principles.
·Working knowledge of computer software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
·Strong knowledge of ARC View and GIS systems preferred
·Excellent communication skills.
·Good computer skills.
·Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
·Ability to read and interpret plans and drawings.
·Ability to prepare and conduct effective presentations.
·Ability to interpret Federal, State and local laws, ordinances, and guidelines.
·Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
·Computer and related software; printer; copier; fax; vehicle.
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Architecture, Public Administration, or a related field.
- 2+ years of progressively responsible planning experience with a Texas Municipality.
- A graduate degree in Planning, Architecture, Public Administration, or a related field may substitute for the required experience.
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Duties are generally performed in an office setting. Some light work requiring occasional lifting objects up to 20 pounds to move objects. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Work may also require stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, standing, walking, pushing, and pulling.
Supervises the Planner I and Code Compliance Specialist. Oversee the City's third party building inspection provider.
- URL: https://bulverdetx.gov/Jobs.aspx
- Position Reports To: City Manager
- Starts On: May 31, 2018, 11:56 a.m.
- Salary: $50,000 to $60,000