GIS Technician - Waxahachie
- URL: http://www.waxahachie.com/images/City2/files/GIS%20Technician(1).pdf
- Level: This is the entry level class in the GIS series.
- Salary: $19.09 to $23.87
Bachelor’s Degree plus one-year related experience; Associate’s Degree or GIS Certification plus two years related experience. Job related experience may substitute for the required education on year-for-year basis. Any combination of education or related experience may qualify.
• Apply the principles and practices of GIS.
• Read and interpret technical information, construction plans and complex maps.
• Use specific computer systems and software packages required for the job.
• Collect, organize, and analyze technical, statistical and related information pertaining to planning and zoning research and other City functions.
• Prepare graphics and a variety of maps.
• Interpret, explain and enforce department policies and procedures.
• Operate a variety of modern office equipment in a safe and effective manner.
• Interpret and apply Federal, State and local policies, laws, and regulations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Computer Skills:
• Computer-based GIS and their applications.
• GIS software development tools.
• Statistical and research methods as applied to the collection, tabulation and presentation of data.
• Computerized applications for research, analysis and presentation (spreadsheet, database and presentation programs.
• Printers, plotters, scanners, digitizers, etc. and their operations.
• AutoCAD, HTML and CSS and/or similar products.
• Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations.
• Operations, services and activities of the city.
• Occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
City of Waxahachie
401 S Rogers
Waxahachie TEXAS 75168
Phone: (469) 309-4291