Environmental Planner - Houston
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is seeking an Associate-level Planner in our Houston, TX office. This position will be responsible for supporting environmental planning projects in the Gulf Coast region. Our successful candidate will have experience preparing environmental documents and permitting preferably in the Gulf Coast region.
- Support Project Managers on a broad range of environmental projects including Gulf Coast restoration projects, commercial energy projects, and/or military and environmental planning projects in the Gulf Coast region
- Engage in public involvement/community outreach efforts
- Interact with clients, agency personnel, non-governmental organizations, and the public or other stakeholders
- Document public outreach meetings, including preparation of media announcements, hand-outs, sign-in sheets, meeting summaries, etc.
- Develop and maintain project-specific stakeholder databases
- Assist with preparing content for public websites
- Conduct Web-based research to compile project-related information and documents
- Prepare permit applications, NEPA documents, and other environmental or planning documentation for submittal to federal and state agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental/Community Planning, Environmental Studies or Science, Environmental/Public Policy, or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience supporting environmental projects; environmental consulting experience preferred
- Experience with public outreach and/or conducting meetings and agency consultation preferred
- Knowledge of major federal statutes and implementing regulations, including CWA, CAA, NHPA, NEPA, etc.
- Experience preparing environmental documents for submission to state or federal agencies
- Experience with environmental permitting in the Gulf Coast region preferred
- Proficient with MS Office (familiarity with SharePoint is a plus)
- Excellent organizational, research, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel to support business needs
We are a global network of innovators and problem solvers, dedicated professionals and industry leaders in scientific, engineering, and planning disciplines working together with our clients to develop
technically sound, science-based solutions to the leading environmental challenges of our time. E&E offers opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment. Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.; Visa sponsorship will not be provided. Please view our website at www.ene.com to apply on-line. Local candidates preferred.
Ecology and Environment, Inc. is an EO and AA employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled/and other protected categories.
- URL: http://www.ene.com
- Location: Houston, TX
- Starts On: Feb. 19, 2018, 1:04 p.m.