Development Project Faciliator
The City of Denton is looking for an experienced Development Project Facilitator! This person will be the primary coordinator and point of contact for members of the development community as they progress through the City of Denton's development application and review process. Facilitates staff and external review discussions to seek consensus and identify solutions on complex planning and development issues.
Candidates must apply online at www.dentonjobs.com
- URL: https://www.cityofdenton.com/en-us/careers
- Position Reports To: Development Project Facilitation Manager
- Location: Denton, TX
- Starts On: Feb. 7, 2020, 5:45 p.m.
- Salary: 91,879 to 122,199
Definition: Serves as the primary coordinator and point of contact for members of the development community as they progress through the City of Denton’s development application and review process. Facilitates staff and external review discussions to seek consensus and identify solutions on complex planning and development issues.
· Facilitates the application and multidisciplinary review process for development applications and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal legal and regulatory requirements.
· Acts as a liaison between developers and City departments to answer questions and identify solutions that balance the need for flexibility while ensuring regulatory compliance and mitigating impacts to the provision of City services and utilities.
· Recommends and assists with the coordination of process improvement efforts intended to maximize efficiency and enhance internal and external communication on development projects.
· Monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of the multi-disciplinary team assigned to review development applications, assess fees, issue permits, and inspect construction projects.
· Excellent customer service skills and delivery
· Skilled in interpersonal communication, both written and verbal
· Solutions oriented
· Skilled in gathering and analyzing information and making recommendations based on findings and in support of organizational goals
· Ability to comprehend complicated documents, to include surveys, plats, civil engineering plans, construction plans and specifications, and other similar documents
· Skilled in interpreting and applying applicable code requirements and permitting processes
· Ability to make sound decisions to facilitate diverse projects
· Knowledge of urban planning and development and local government policies and procedures
· Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects
· Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness in interpreting and applying guidelines
· Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with various stakeholders, co-workers, and customers
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software applications
· Adheres to assigned work schedule as outlined in the Department and City attendance policies and procedures; ensures all behaviors comply with the City’s Personnel Rules and Regulations
· Assists with special projects, including the preparation of reports related to departmental activities
· Recommends and assists in the implementation of organizational core values, goals, policies and procedures.
· May be required to attend certain Planning and Zoning Commission and City Council Meetings where action will be taken on assigned projects
· Performs other duties as assigned
- Education Required:
Minimum Qualifications / Acceptable Equivalency:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in planning, urban design, engineering, architecture, public administration or a related field and six years of relevant work experience; or
Master's degree in planning, urban design, engineering, architecture, public administration or a related field and five years of relevant work experience; or
Any combination of education and experience which may demonstrate proficiency.
Conditions of Employment:
· Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License prior to employment (must obtain Texas Class "C" driver's license within 30 days of hire per state law)
· Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history background check, and social security number verification check
o Methods and techniques of expediting community development business activities between private sector and city departments
o Permitting/document management software experience, such as TRAKiT and ProjectDOX
o Operations, services and activities program for an urban planning and development division including contract coordination
o Pertinent Federal, State and local laws, codes and regulations
o Technical design (e.g., designing a site for land development)
• AICP Certification
• Professional Engineer Licensure
• Project Management Professional or Lean Six Sigma Certification
Overall Strength Demands: The italicized word describes the overall strength demand of the functions performed by the incumbent during a typical workday.
· Sedentary – lifting no more than 10 pounds
· Light – lifting no more than 20 pounds; carry up to 10 pounds
· Medium – lifting no more than 50 pounds, carry up to 25 pounds
· Heavy – lifting no more than 100 pounds, carry up to 50 pounds
· Very Heavy – lifting more than 100 pounds, carry more than 50 pounds
Physical Demand Codes: The following describes if the incumbent is expected to exert the following physical demands during a typical workday and the overall frequency.
Codes for “how often”:
Y = Yes
N = No
E = extensive (100-70%)
M = moderate (60-30%)
I = infrequent (20-10%)
A = almost never (<10%)
7.Overhead Work: A
8.Fine Dexterity: A
19.Video Display: Y
20.Differentiate Color: Y
Machines, Tools, Equipment and Work Aids:
The essential functions of this position require the daily use of a computer and a telephone.
The essential functions of this position are performed primarily in an office environment.
This job description is not an employment agreement, contract agreement, or contract. Management has exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
City of Denton
601 E. Hickory St Ste A
Denton TX 76205
United States of America
Phone: (940) 349-8095