Community Development Director - Keller
Under general direction of the Director of Public Services and Economic Development, the Community Development Director manages, supervises, and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the of Community Development staff. The director oversees and performs the professional planning functions including processing and reviewing development applications, implementing ordinance requirements, and communicating development regulations to developers, citizens and officials. The incumbent directs, advises, and coordinates development activities and projects with other departments, developers and builders, outside agencies, and the general public, and administers the Unified Development Code and other various development codes, and performs related work as required. EOE
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and supervise Planning (Administration) activities within the Community Development Department in a manner that emphasizes customer service.
- Oversee and participate in review of planning/development/building permit applications to determine compliance with the Unified Development Code, master plans, and other City Ordinances and to prepare related staff reports, as necessary.
- Supervise, train, council, and prepare performance evaluations on Planners, Planning Technician, and Planning Intern.
- Lead, manage and coordinate the Development Review Committee meetings with landowners, citizens, developers and builders for successful implementation of development projects. Provide guidance on the development process.
- Attend City Council, Planning and Zoning Commission, Capital Improvements Advisory Committee, Zoning Board of Adjustment and other committee and community meetings and work sessions as required.
- Advise the Director as necessary regarding changes and additions to existing codes to implement City development policies and plans. Recommend and draft amendments to the Unified Development Code, master plans, and other City ordinances accordingly.
- Provide assistance, and prepare and coordinate assigned special projects as requested by the Director or City Manager. Prepare reports and present findings and other necessary correspondence.
- Prepare, review and publish agendas and public notices for Planning and Zoning Commission meetings, Capital Improvements Advisory Committee, Zoning Board of Adjustment and City Council meetings.
- Confer with and advise developers, builders, engineers, architects, businesses, and homeowners concerning interpretation and application of Unified Development Codes and other development related codes and policies.
- Coordinate final site inspections and participate in the field inspection of nonresidential development projects to ensure compliance with landscaping, screening walls, building elevations, and other site related requirements of the Unified Development Code.
- Assist Director in the preparation of the annual budget Planning (Administration) division of the Community Development department. Forecast the funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; monitor and approve expenditures.
- Provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies.
- Communicate effectively and courteously with fellow employees and the public both in writing, in person and on the telephone.
- Provide conflict resolution as needed to individuals from the community, board members, employees, etc. as it relates to planning and community development.
- Assist Code Compliance with code interpretation, site inspections, and investigations.
- Serve as one of the administrators for TRAKiT and the Keller Website.
- URL: www.cityofkeller.com/jobs
- Starts On: Dec. 11, 2017, 6:13 p.m.