City Planner - Bee Cave
For a complete job description, please visit our website.
Support for all Planning and Development Department services and activities,
- APPLICATION REVIEW: Review and process planning, zoning, and subdivision applications; ensure compliance with appropriate laws, codes, regulations, and ordinances; assist with the negotiation of development agreements and planned development districts; prepare public hearing notices; provide staff assistance and prepare reports to the Planning Commission, the City Council, and the City Manager and related boards and commissions.
- COMMUNICATION WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC: Provide exceptional customer service. Interact with and provide information to citizens, community groups, developers, contractors, and businesses on planning, land use, subdivision, zoning, and site plan related issues. Fulfill public information requests and prepare zoning verification letters. Provide back-up to Planning and Development intake window. Prepare informational pamphlets and materials to help applicants understand Planning and Development processes. Respond to and resolve difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- POLICY AND PLAN UPDATES: Assist with review/update of the Comprehensive plan, Parks Plan, zoning/subdivision ordinances, and other related Planning & Development codes, ordinances, plans, and policies; Recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- GENERAL RESEARCH & SUPPORT: Conduct topical research as assigned; prepare reports on operations and activities; make recommendations. Compile and maintain demographic data and assist with projections and estimates.
- MAPPING & GIS: Assist with creation and maintenance of GIS datasets and online mapping service. Prepare informational maps as requested.
- WEBSITE & SOCIAL MEDIA: Assist with updates to Planning and Development website and social media platforms.
- FILE ORGANIZATION: Assist with ongoing digital and hard copy file organization. Manage and execute Planning and Development archiving project.
- INTERACTION WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS: Coordinate Planning and Development Department activities with those of other departments.
- CITY REPRESENTATION: Represent the Planning and Development Department to other City departments, elected officials, outside agencies, and the public at large; coordinate Planning and Development Department activities with those of outside agencies and organizations, as necessary.
- Perform all other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- URL: http://www.beecavetexas.gov/city-government/departments/human-resources
- Position Reports To: Director of Planning and Development
- Location: Bee Cave, Texas
- Starts On: Jan. 26, 2018, 2 p.m.
Four years of increasingly responsible experience in public planning, zoning, land use, subdivision, permitting, redevelopment and economic development analysis urban design, public administration, drafting of development-related codes and policies, and/or real estate development.
- Education Required:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in city, urban and/or regional planning, real estate development or a closely related field. A Master’s degree in Planning is highly desirable and may be substituted for one year of experience.
City of Bee Cave
4000 Galleria Pkwy
Bee Cave Texas 78738
United States of America
Phone: (512) 767-6681
- Contact Method:
City of Bee Cave
Attn: HR Manager
4000 Galleria Parkway
Bee Cave, TX 78738