Is your community's transportation planning on track for the future? Get the
guidance you need with a new workshop from APA's Planners Training Service.
possibilities down the road. Learn how communities are making smarter choices to
meet more diverse transportation needs with leaner resources. Explore how MAP-21,
the new federal surface transportation law, will affect your community and your role
as a planner. And find out how different ways of improving transportation impact
community form, economic vitality, and quality of life. You'll leave with a roadmap
for better transportation planning and delivery.
• Recent transportation trends and future demands
• Key impacts of the new MAP-21 federal transportation law
• Coordination of transportation and land-use decision making
• Paths to overcome challenges to project implementation and delivery
• Pacesetting innovations in transportation planning and approaches
• The enhanced role of planners in advancing integrated solutions
Registration ends May 2. This workshop will not be available in streaming media.