The Houston Section of Texas APA is hosting its fall signature event, “The Texas Big Six 2040 Workshop”. With a horizon year of 2040, planning leadership from Texas' six largest cities, Austin, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio, will speak about major plans, policies, and projects currently underway that will shape the livability, resiliency, and competitiveness of these cities and our region's future. Our cities are not only competing statewide and as a region, they compete nationally and more importantly, globally. How will we maintain our momentum, as well as deal with the needs of a growing population, changing demographics, and environmental challenges? This is one of the few times in history the planning directors from the state’s largest cities have been convened for a single workshop and panel discussion.
The panelists include:
- Greg Guernsey, Director of Planning, City of Austin
- David Cossum, Director of Sustainability and Construction, City of Dallas
- Carlos Gallinar, Deputy Director of City Development and Planning, City of El Paso
- Randle Harwood, Director of Planning and Development, City of Fort Worth
- Pat Walsh, Director of Planning and Development, City of Houston
- John Dugan, Director of Planning, City of San Antonio
- Keynote Speaker: Andrew Howard, AICP, Team Better Block
Our panelists will provide exciting presentations about how our cities and region will mature from 20th century cities into 21st century metropolises that are livable, desirable world-class places that sustain the health, vitality, and happiness of residents, businesses, and visitors. In addition, ample time has been set aside for conversations and questions between the audience and panelist. Don’t miss this opportunity and register now!
Your registration for this event will gain you admission to the workshop, breakfast and lunch at the workshop, and admission to the mixer to be held the night before the event. More details about the mixer, date and time, and parking will be released as the date gets closer.
The Texas Big Six 2040 Signature Workshop
Friday, November 21, 2014
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Texas Southern University
Barbara Jordan/Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs
Cleburne St at Tierwester St
Houston, TX 77004