The Midwest Texas Section of the American Planning Association has partnered with the Building Professional Institute to offer a week-long Planning Track within the BPI Conference. AICP CM Credits for all planning sessions except the Tour and the Essentials course are being submitted. Lunch is included in the full-day price and served on campus. View link below for the Conference Description Planning Track.
On-line registration opens March 13th! Early bird registration ends May 8th!
You can sign up online for one or all of the following Planning Track courses:
- Essentials for Service on Boards & Commissions | Speaker: David Gattis
- Ethics on the Front Lines of Development | Speakers: Ann Bagley, Alan Lathro
- Historic Preservation | Speaker: Sevanne Steiner
- Religious Land Use & Institutionalized Persons Act | Speaker: Art Anderson
- Regulating Back Yard Oasis | Speakers: Cyndi Lewis, Harry Persaud
- Reg. Framework for Planning, Zoning, and Land Development | Speaker: E. Allen Taylor
- Urban Village Design: Lessons Learned | Speaker: Dana Burghdoff
- Economic Incentives for Large, Mixed-Use Developments | Speaker: Scott Polikov
- Neighborhood Stabilization Overlay Districts, City of Dallas | Speaker: Neva Dean
- TML Legislative Updates | Speaker: Craig Farmer
- Dallas Form Based Codes: Challenges & Successes | Speaker: Peer Chacko
- Green Building Tour- Vandergriff Hall, UTA Campus | Spealer: Zaida Basora
In addition to the classes offered in the Planning Track, there are numerous classes in Green Building, Code Enforcement, Architecture, Environmental Health, Engineering and the International Energy Code. Please refer to the conference website for a complete listing: http://www.BPI-TX.com and to register online.
Complete Conference Brochure available at http://www.uta.edu/ce/research/crc/bpi-documents/22ndbpi.pdf
AIA, AICP-CM, DSHS, GBCI, RAS, and TDLR C E Hours ( on approved courses)
RAS Credits (on approved courses)