Principal Transportation Planner - Houston
Job Title: Principal Planner
Job ID: TR14018
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
We’re seeking a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as Principal Planner to oversee and facilitate development of the region’s long range transportation plan and support our agency partners in the development of capital projects. The candidate must demonstrate experience developing policy recommendations and investment priorities that garner broad stakeholder and public support. The ideal candidate will also have experience in the evaluation and execution of public-private partnerships and non-traditional funding mechanisms and the development of planning studies consistent with federal planning environmental linkages requirements. Do you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role?
- URL: https://h-gac.com/careers
- Starts On: March 2, 2017, 3:27 p.m.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
• Bachelor's degree required with emphasis in Transportation, Urban or Regional Planning, Civil Engineering, Economics or related field.
• A minimum of five (5) years work experience with a public or private planning agency or other organization responsible for the development or implementation of long term strategic plans and projects.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
• Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Transportation, Urban or Regional Planning, Geography, Civil Engineering or Economics.
• Eight (8) years’ experience in transportation planning, project development, and project and plan implementation.
• Demonstrated experience navigating federal and state environmental, transportation planning, and related regulations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, databases and word processing software.
Houston- Galveston Area Council
3555 Timmons Lane
Houston TX 77027
United States of America
Phone: (713) 993-2450