Planner - Austin
If you are a recent graduate or have a few years of experience in planning, and if you have the drive to apply yourself, learn more and be part of a growing, dynamic team, then K Friese + Associates (KFA) might be the place for you.
KFA is a growing civil engineering consulting firm that focuses exclusively on serving public sector clients, and our planning practice is growing. We are headquartered in west Austin on Loop 360 near Bee Caves Road, and have growing offices in San Antonio and in downtown Round Rock. We provide a casual, collaborative, and fun environment, while at the same time challenging employees in a variety of areas. We offer you the opportunity to define your career path and to have a meaningful impact on your workplace and your community.
- URL: http://kfriese.com/job-postings/planner-gis-201703/
- Starts On: April 12, 2017, 3:24 p.m.
We are seeking a Planner/GIS Analyst for our Austin office with 1-3 years of experience for a variety of land use and transportation related projects. Our work in the areas of short and long-range transportation planning and capital programming, comprehensive land use planning, and land use policy and regulation is growing and we need a Planner/GIS Analyst to support this work with data collection and analysis, report writing and other related tasks. Of course, we’ll help you grow by taking the time to learn about your interests and working to give the opportunities to take those things on too. The anticipated work activities include:
- Support the development of planning studies and reports for new and updated comprehensive plans, land use plans, and transportation plans
- Support the review of development proposals, including Transportation Impact Assessments and various applications, such as: rezonings, subdivisions, site plans, conditional use permits, plan amendments, etc.
- Collect and efficiently manage various forms of geospatial data
- Collect a variety of statistical data and prepare reports and maps
- Perform comparative analysis and thematic mapping of Census and data from other federal, state, county, and local sources
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning with emphasis on transportation and land use planning
- Knowledge of principles and practices of research and data collection
- Experience with GIS, including ArcGIS 10.2 and related extensions
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with cartographic principles and techniques
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs, which may include Microsoft Office, Internet applications, and GIS
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment as needed
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind
- Computer Skills:
GIS, including ArcGIS 10.2 and related extensions
- Education Required:
A bachelor's degree in urban planning, architecture, public policy, or related area of study in addition to one year of planning experience. A master's degree may be substituted for one year of experience.
K Friese + Associates
1120 S Capital of TX Hwy Bldg 2-100
Austin Texas 78746
Phone: (512) 338-1704
- Contact Method:
To apply, qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org , or apply at www.kfriese.com.