Planner - Carrollton
SUMMARY: Responsible for performing entry, professional planning work in the field of planning and environmental analysis. Assignments are routine in nature such as researching and drafting ordinances, researching ownership and preparing property notifications, preparing case files; assigning specific use permits and development numbers. Work requires limited supervision and the use of independent judgment and discretion.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provides support to citizens, develops, and internal departments on zoning and subdivision regulations.
• Prepares case reports and coordinates the processing of cases through applicable committees, commissions, and/or the City Council, which includes: preparing zoning map exhibits for reports and presentations; preparing property owner notification letters for public hearings; and/or, performing other related activities.
• Maintains official City records related to ordinances, case files, map documents, GIS data, and/or other related information.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of urban planning principles and practices;
• Knowledge of ArcMAP and AutoCAD software applications;
• Skilled in providing customer service;
• Skilled in maintaining records and files;
• Skilled in preparing reports;
• Skilled in preparing maps;
• Skilled in coordinating the processing of cases;
• Skilled in applying independent judgment, personal discretion, and resourcefulness to interpret and apply guidelines;
• Skilled in interpreting and applying applicable laws, ordinances, statutes, and rules;
• Skilled in operating a computer and related software applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Urban Design, or a related field.
• One year of related planning experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Must pass pre-employment drug test.
• Must pass criminal history check.
• Must pass motor vehicle records check.
- URL: http://www.cityofcarrollton.com/departments/departments-q-z/workforce-services
- Position Reports To: Development Services
City of Carrollton
1945 E. Jackson Road
Carrollton TX 75006
United States of America
Phone: (972) 466-3091