ULI North Texas and the UTA Center for Metropolitan Density (CfMD) are co-sponsoring a roundtable discussion on urban in-fill development at the offices of HKS Inc., 350 N. St. Paul St. from 6-7:30 pm on Wednesday, April 16. This free program is an opportunity for smaller developers and others seeking to invest in older urban areas to learn the latest trends in this challenging sector.
Roundtable discussion topics will include:
- New design trends/solutions for pioneering in-fill sites
- Can retail amenities succeed without anchor stores?
- Does mixed-use in-fill format offer broader residential choice?
- Using public/private partnerships to create a level playing field for costly sites
- Can infill make older urban areas and first-ring suburbs the Dallas CBD more competitive in the region?
Leading the discussion will be the following panel members: Don Gatzke, Dean UTA School of Architecture; Karen Walz, Strategic Community Solutions; Dan Noble, HKS Architects; J. Mark Wolf, JHP Architects; Don Powell, Boka-Powell and Tipton Housewright, Omniplan.
Join this group of industry experts for a lively exploration of redevelopment issues. There is no charge, but please register promptly by emailing your acceptance to firstname.lastname@example.org.